FBC Programs are designed to be stepping stones to export success. They include: outgoing missions, seminars, and specialized programs such as the Alberta Technology Program (ATIP).
Our Funding Partners:
Export development and promotion programs offered by FBC are cost shared through funding received from the AgriMarketing Program administered by Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada.
We have one program available to Alberta companies called ATIP. The
Alberta Technology Innovation Program (ATIP) is cost shared through
funding received from the Advancing Canadian Agriculture and Agri-Food
Food Beverage Canada appreciates the continued support of our funding partners for our program initiatives.
Canadian based agri-food companies are encouraged to apply to attend
our outgoing missions. We are in the planning process of missions
from April 2013-March 2014. *Missions for 2013/14 are pending funding
approval from Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada.*
Note: We do not charge membership fees
to any of our clients, but encourage all Canadian agri-food processors
to apply for programs they are interested in.
*If you are interested in receiving information or a registration
form for any of the below programs below, please email Lisa
or Nicole at
*Tentative Programs for 2013/14*
- Seoul Food and Hotel - May 14-17, 2013 ( Seoul, South Korea)-exhibiting
- HOFEX - May 7-10, 2013 ( Hong Kong, China)-exhibiting and walking
- Summer Fancy Food Show - June 30-July 2, 1013 (New York City)-exhibiting
- Anuga 2013 - October 5-9, 2013 (Cologne, Germany)-exhibiting and
- Food Hotel China 2013- November 13-15, 2013 (Shanghai, China)-exhibiting
- Winter Fancy Food Show 2014- January 19-21, 2014 (San Francisco,
CA)- exhibiting and walking
- Gulfood 2014 - February 23-27, 2014 (Dubai, UAE) -exhibiting and
- Foodex 2013 - March 2014 (Chiba, Japan) - exhibiting
*Note: Due to overwhelming support for our programs, we can take your name on an interest list for a future program, however, we cannot guarantee you a spot until we have received your registration form and payment.*
SME 2013/14 Program
Food Beverage Canada has sent out an announcement that there will
likely be funding for the SME Program for the 2013/14 fiscal year.
Program funded in part by Agriculture & Agri-Food Canada through the Canadian Agri-Food International program.
Alberta Technology Innovation Program (ATIP)
The Alberta Technology Innovation Program (ATIP) provides financial
support for Alberta Agri-Food Processing
companies to attend approved National and International technology
related trade shows, conferences, seminars and other
industry events to foster support for both company and industry innovation
and growth. In the future, other western provinces may be able to
participate in a similar funding program. Applications
for ATIP must be received a minimum of 30 days in advance
of the actual event in order to be considered for funding.
ATIP will provide opportunities to access, explore, and evaluate leading-edge technology related to:
- Food safety and quality
- Consumer trends
- Environmental protection/preservation
- Innovations in food technology, processing, packaging, labeling, storage, and transfer
- Equipment and processes/best practices in response to current and emerging issues
- Maximize capacity and competitiveness through increased knowledge, adoption of improved methods and processing techniques
- Capacity-building in new value added products to enhance sustainability
Approved participants are eligible to receive 50% cost-sharing on actual eligible expenses including:
- Economy Airfare
- Per Diem (actual out-of-pocket expenses including: ground transportation, meals, and incidentals) for the time required to complete the approved activity
- Event Registration Fee
- Seminar Fees
For an application form, please click here, or for more information on the ATIP program, please contact:
Karen Parker - Email: email@example.com; Phone: (780) 486-9679
Note: Our steering committee requires a minimum of 30 days notice prior to an event to review all ATIP applications for funding, so please plan accordingly so that your application will be considered.
This program is funded by Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada's ACAAF Program, administered through the Agriculture and Food Council.